At Vizergy, we understand that privacy is important to you. We are providing this Privacy Statement to help you understand how we may collect and use information.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Vizergy has taken steps to enable consumers to exercise their rights under California’s Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), AB 375, which goes into effect on January 1, 2020. In addition, as required by the CCPA we implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information to protect your personal information. If you have a CCPA question or concern, please email us at email@example.com
What information does Vizergy collect about me?
Vizergy user account, registration, and customer support
When you register to use a Vizergy website, create a Vizergy user account, or contact us for support or other offerings, Vizergy collects information that identifies you. This includes information such as your name, company name, email address, or payment information. We may also sometimes collect other information that does not identify you, such as which types of websites you’re interested in. Some of this information is required and other information is optional. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information provided by you with information from other sources, in accordance with applicable law. For example, from these sources, we may learn about the size, industry, and other information about the company you work for.
We collect information about how you use our websites. We may collect information sent by your browser or device to our servers whenever you visit a Vizergy website. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located) and the type of browser and device you used. When you visit a Vizergy website, your browser may also tell us information such as the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. Vizergy may collect information about how you use our websites by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the website. Depending on the website, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you.
Also, we use automated systems to analyze your content using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our apps and websites. This analysis may occur as the content is sent or received using an online feature of a Vizergy website, or when the content is stored on Vizergy servers.
Emails we send you may include a technology (called a web beacon) that tells Vizergy whether you have received or opened the email or clicked a link in the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from Vizergy marketing emails, you can opt out of receiving Vizergy marketing emails.
Vizergy online advertising
Vizergy advertises online in a variety of ways, including displaying Vizergy ads to you on other companies' websites and apps. We collect information such as which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and on where the ad was displayed.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Vizergy social networking pages and social sign-on services
Vizergy has its own pages on many social networking sites (for example, the Vizergy Facebook page). We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages.
SECURE-RES.COM Reservation System
SECURE-RES.COM auto sends an email to you upon the successful completion of the online reservation process.
· This email contains a reservation reference number generated by SECURE-RES.COM and details of the reservation. It also may contain customized information from the property you selected. That property is responsible for the contents of the customized portion of the automated email.
· If the property you selected subscribes to our automated Guest Welcome and Thank You Email Service, you may receive up to two additional emails. The property is responsible for the content of those emails.
· SECURE-RES.COM does not contact you via email except in the instances stated above or if you contact us about support.
How does Vizergy use the information it collects about me?
Vizergy uses the information we collect about you in several ways, such as:
· Providing you with the Vizergy websites for which you have registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested
· Better understanding how our websites are being used so we can improve them and engage and retain users
· Diagnosing problems in our websites
· Tailoring a website or Vizergy ad to your likely interests
· Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your service
· Sending you information about Vizergy, special offers, and similar information
· Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
· Reducing fraud and protecting you as well as Vizergy
What are cookies and how does Vizergy use them?
Does Vizergy share my personal information?
Vizergy works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Vizergy may also share your personal information:
· When you agreed to the sharing
· With our resellers and other sales partners if you are a business customer and agreed to receive Vizergy marketing communications. Note that we do not share personal information about consumers with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless the consumer agreed to that sharing.
· When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process
· When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Vizergy, our customers and users, or the public
· If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell a Vizergy website or business unit, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred
We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use Vizergy services.
Is my personal information secure?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Vizergy cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Where does Vizergy store my personal information?
Your personal information and files are stored on Vizergy’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us.
How can I review or update my personal information or close my Vizergy user account?
Under the law of some countries, you may have the right to access the information Vizergy holds about you, correct mistakes in that information, and to delete personal information that we no longer have business reasons for retaining. The Vizergy Marketing System allows you to edit your personal information by accessing the "my account," "my profile," or a similar feature of the website you are using. Likewise, you can delete information you have stored in our websites by logging in and using the deletion functions they make available.
If you are a Vizergy client you can request that we remove your email address from our marketing database, deactivate your Vizergy user account, or provide you a copy of your personal information, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an agent, you must submit a copy of your power of attorney or a notarized statement authorizing you to act as an agent. Please note that we need to retain certain information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use with your Vizergy user account and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
If you are a visitor of a Vizergy client website then please contact the property directly for a personal information request.
Will Vizergy market to me?
Vizergy and companies we hire to help us market our websites on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Vizergy. We give you choices regarding our marketing practices.
What information is collected by companies using Vizergy services?
Vizergy solutions help our business customers personalize and improve the performance of their websites and marketing messages. For example, these customers may use the Vizergy Marketing System (VMS) to collect and analyze information about how you use their websites. The data collected is stored on our servers for use by these business customers.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have a privacy question or concern, please email us at email@example.com